Thursday, August 5, 2010

What's your why?

I love my job.  I consider myself incredibly blessed to go to an office every morning that I look forward to (most days, at least), to do something that I'm passionate about and to know that I'm making an impact.  That's not to say every day is perfect; frustration happens, successes don't always come easy, and there are days when it feels like I go in circles.

And, my job isn't everything - there are other passions and other loves that compete for attention, time and energy.  I believe this combination is healthy, and for me, it fits.

Many, many people don't consider themselves so fortunate.  So many spend their work days willing away the time, just waiting for it to be over.  Fortunately, there are other ways to find fulfillment - family, friends, volunteering and interests can all be passions and driving forces in our lives.  The opportunity to find joy through work remains for many though, however elusively.

All of this contributed to my excitement at discovering the Live Your Why project, which is about compiling stories about people who found part of their passion in their work.  I hope to submit a story and look forward to reading the many other submissions.

Kudo's to Katie for putting together such a cool project!  And congratulations to those who have found joy and passion in their work, and to those who are still seeking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment