Sunday, August 14, 2011

What I'll Do

Turns out, I am a terribly scattered & random blogger.  Timing of my posts are completely random, all over the map - I write tons in a day, then nothing for 3 weeks.  In addition, I let fear paralyze me.  After all, what I write will be out there, for everyone and anyone to read, forever - right?  What if I'm wrong/insult someone/change my mind/etc?

Sometimes, I let all that get the best of me.  I forget the good things about blogging, the reason I enjoy it - the opportunity to start conversations, process thoughts and ideas, and pass on and absorb inspiration.

Clearly, I also forgot that sometimes, it doesn't matter if I'm right, or hold the same opinion forever.  It's ok if things change, and it's alright to put as much or as little as I want to in this space.

Most importantly, I found that I miss the outlet, miss having a great space to write and think "out loud".

So, in an effort to re-inspire myself and re-commit to something I really do feel the benefit of, I threw a question out on Twitter - and got some great responses.

Danelle recommended a blogging schedule (allowing for bursts of inspiration)
Michelle suggested setting a daily goal (a paragraph each day, for instance)
The people managing the U of C's Kinesiology Alumni Association reminded of the importance of focus
And Shannon suggested podcast inspiration - one of my personal favourite sources of gym motivation :)

So, this weekend, I re-committed.  I've written out a loose schedule with some ideas I've been thinking about to write on (with lots of room for new and interesting ideas), and will be doing at least 10 minutes of writing each day.

And, since I've said it here, on the big intranetz, I have to do it now... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment