Thursday, July 7, 2011

Choice

Recently, as the busyness of life has built around me and pressure has settled in, I find it more and more difficult to make strong, sensible & healthy choices in other areas that are less pressured.  I suppose this is a kind of mental compensation, but that doesn't make it good.

Then, I recalled this piece from page 206 of Seth Godin's Linchpin.  He credits it as being Ishita Gupta's meditation.  It goes as follows:

Every day is a new chance to choose.


Choose to change your perspective.
Choose to flip the Switch in your mind. Turn on the light and stop fretting about with insecurity and doubt.
Choose to do your work and be free of distraction.
Choose to see the best in someone, or choose to bring out the worst in them.
Choose to be a laser beam, with focused intention, or a scattered ray of light that doesn't do any good.


I don't know about you, but that reminder of choice is exactly what I've been needing to hear.  Now, to put it in to action...

No comments:

Post a Comment